Click Me
Wednesday, 18 May 2011
A Good Lawyer
One afternoon a wealthy lawyer was riding in his limousine when he saw two men along the roadside eating grass.
> 一天下午,有一个富有的律师在途中,看见两个人在路边吃草。
Disturbed, he ordered his driver to stop and he got out to investigate.
> 他觉得有点困扰,就吩咐司机停车。接着他下车查探。
He asked one man, "Why are you eating grass?"
> 他问其中一人, “ 为何你们在吃草? ”
"We don't have any money for food," the poor man replied,"We have to eat grass."
> 那人答, “ 我们没有钱买食物,所以我们要吃草。 ”
"Well, then, you can come with me to my house and I'll feed you," the lawyer said.
> “ 那么,你可以来我家,我给你吃的。 ” 律师说。
"But sir, I have a wife and two children with me. They are over there, under that tree."
> “ 可是我还有妻子及两个孩子,他们都在那边的树下。 ”
"Bring them along," the lawyer replied.
> “ 带他们一起来吧。 ” 律师说道。
Turning to the other poor man he stated,"you come with us also."
> 他转向另一个人说, “ 你也一起来吧。 ”
The second man, in a pitiful voice then said, "But sir,I also have a wife
and six children with me."
> 那人说, “ 可是我也有妻子及六个孩子啊。 ”
"Bring them all, as well," the lawyer answered.
> “ 把他们也一起带上。 ” 律师答。
They all entered the car, which was no easy task, even for a car as large as
the limousine was.
> 虽然那是一部大房车,他们也费了九牛二虎之力,全部人才能上车。
Once underway, one of the poor fellows turned to the lawyer and said,"Sir,
you are too kind. Thank you for taking all of us with you."
> 途中,其中一人说, “ 先生,你真是一个大好人,谢谢你把我们全部人带来。 ”
The lawyer replied, "glad to do it. You'll really love my place; the grass is almost 1 metre high."
> 律师回答, “ 我感到很荣幸。你们肯定喜欢我的地方,那里的草足足有一米高。
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment